Monday, February 21, 2011

Life in my House


Jayden is almost two months old. Where has the time gone? I didn't realize how big he was getting until I looked at some pictures we had taken the first week or so he was born. Then I weighed him the other day and he was up to 8 lbs. What in the world?


Yet again, I keep forgetting how little he still is. I want to get out and go places....go to the store, go back to church....but then I remember he is just a little guy and I should probably stay home a little longer.


He has finally outgrown his preemie clothes, but most of the 0-3 month clothes are still pretty big on him. Him and I have finally got nursing down. Were not a 100% great at it, but it's not nearly as frustrating as it used to be. He generally sleeps pretty good through the night. Anywhere from 4-6 hours at a time before waking up. Then he wakes up, eats, and is back down within an hour. Then again, every once in a while we have a night where he only sleeps a couple of hours and then doesn't want to go back to bed.....


I took him to Target the other day. Our first trip out in public. Just the two of us. Lucky for me....he slept the entire time in his car seat. I always wait for the weekend to go shopping. When Levi is home and Jayden is down well enough that I know I've got an hour or so before he wakes up. I can't wait until I can just take Jayden to the store with me and not worry about him crying or getting hungry. My biggest fear is that I am going to be in the middle of shopping with a cart full of stuff and he is going to wake up or whatever and be super hungry and starting crying so the whole store can hear him. What do you do when that happens? Ditch your cart and run out to the car.....hide in the bathroom to feed him....seriously? I have no idea. Therefore, we don't take that chance.


Next thing that worries me....church. Now I know church won't be as difficult. Most people are understanding and I won't have a cart full of groceries to worry about. I really wanted to go to Sacrament last Sunday, but Levi reminded me it was Conference, and then it snowed a bunch, and Jayden was a stinker all day....so I said forget it. I am really hoping for this next week. I figure worst case scenario....I end up spending all of Sacrament in the mother's lounge. What worries me the most....dealing with my calling and baby J. That's 4 hours of church....and I can promise that Baby J will not be a little angel for 4 hours. Now I don't mind being the secretary and all that....but sitting up there every Sunday in front of everyone trying to deal with my little guy and take notes and the roll and all that....I really have no idea how this is going to work. I will have a car seat, Jayden's bag and my church bag. I can't carry all of that, and as much as Levi wants to help I can't really just pass off Jayden to him. I don't really want to pass him off to anyone at this point. I'm not sure what I'm going to do....but somehow I will figure it out.


Other than those little worries on my mind...things are good around here. I really don't mind sitting in my house all day with Jayden. I've really gotten into cleaning and rearranging things. I think it is how I feel "accomplished" at the end of the day without going to "work" and bringing home a paycheck. Levi seems to like having me home too. I cook more and the house is cleaner!


Well my time has run out....Jayden's awake and giving me that hungry look!!

4 comments:

  1. don't worry Cynthia- it will all work out. It always does. Bring the little guy to church...he will probably love his car seat like a lot of babies do and just sleep most of the time- keep him covered and just see how it goes- it is better to just always try...then to be afraid- one thing I have learned in this life. I remember Kenzie would get hungry so fast after waking...it was kind of funny. All of the sudden she went from sleeping like an angel to this hungry beast in 2.2 seconds. But all was well- we just figured it out.

    Having your first is always tricky and I remember being a lot like you and wondering if I could get anything done like shopping without Kenzie getting hungry...I think it's the first kid syndrome- we tend to worry a lot. Which is ok. The new mother experience is such a journey. We all go through it. I think you are personally doing an amazing job.

    Now when Xander cries when we're out...oh well. What can I do? Nothing. He will stop eventually or I stick the good ol binky in his mouth or let Ju Ju stick her fingers in his mouth...

    Love you Cynthia. Come next week! We are getting a new bishop.

    You guys are the best neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this feeling of how am I going to carry everything, what if he poops through all his clothes while I'm out, what if he gets hungry, etc. I don't have any expert advice to offer except it does seem to get easier as time goes by. In my short stint as a mom I have fed Russell in such adventurous places as the back seat of the car, in a dressing room and in my office cubicle at weber state. I guess you just figure it out as you go. You'll do great! Hope to see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia,
    Funny..... I totally just found your blog when I read you found mine! Don't mind at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could just be like that one lady who nurses her children right in sacrament meeting, and make everyone else feel better about themselves! ha!

    ReplyDelete