Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just Another Day

Oh my goodness. My life has become boring....as in I never have anything to say anymore.


I tell myself...I should updated my blog...then I'm like...what the heck am I going to say. Nothing comes to mind.

Jayden somehow manages to keep me busy ALL DAY LONG. I swear I wake up and then the next thing I know it's 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Where did my day go? What in the world have I done today? I've turned into some boring lazy babysitter. Blah blah blah.......such is my life.

Everynight, when I'm nursing/rocking Baby J to sleep I tell myself I need to wake up the next morning and create a schedule for me, so that I can feel more accomplished at the end of the day. So my house stays clean and things get done. My motto I tell myself every day is that....It is just me and Baby J at home all day long...there is no reason why I can't have a clean house and cook dinner. Somedays I rock at it and my house is spotless....dishes done, floors vaccumed, laundry all done, bathroom cleaned. However there seem to be alot of days, where nothing gets done. Levi will call me at the end of the day and ask what I've done....and I have nothing to say to him. I just tell him I played with Baby J all day.

I think, deep down inside...I feel guilty or lazy or something that Levi is out working super hard all week long and I'm just at home "livin' it up" so to speak. Therefore, I have to "work" or something to feel I'm giving my fair share. I told my sister this once and she told me that "babysitting" all day, taking care of Baby J....there is nothing wrong with that.

Oh goodness. I think I have these weird ideas of being the "Super House Wife". I feel absolutely terrible when Levi comes home and I don't have a dinner ready for him. Or the fridge isn't full of yummy leftovers from the week for him to much on while I try and pull a dinner together. I hate it when my house is a mess. Dirty dishes and clutter drive me insane!!

Well, I guess adjusting from a life of working a full time job to a life of being full time mommy and house wife is a little more difficult then I thought.

I went to the Dentist today (cuz my tooth hurt so bad I wanted to cry, and almost did) and I left Jayden with my sister. I was gone for 2 hours and all I did was think about him. I could never leave, even just for a few hours. He's so little and he needs me. Therefore, I've got to figure out this housewife/mommy thing.

Well that was kinda gloomy.....



This makes me smile......


I just love these two little boys!



Good news....Jayden slept for nearly 12 hours last night!!!! I put him to bed at 9:30PM. I went and woke him up at 6AM to feed him (I wanted to feed him as much as I could before I dropped him off at my sisters). He nursed for a few minutes, then feel asleep in my arms. I put him back in his crib where he slept the whole time I got ready. I then woke him back up at 7AM and tried to nurse him again....he nursed for a few more minutes and stayed awake while I put him in his carseat. Once we got to Clarissa's house he was awake for maybe a few more minutes then feel asleep. When I got back from the dentist, Clarissa said he stayed asleep in his car seat the whole time. I got back to her house at 9:30AM. That's 9:30 to 9:30. I have a such a sleep baby. My mom says I was a good sleeper when I was a baby (and I still am)...so hopefully Jayden has inherited this from me! Generally speaking if I have to wake up more than once in the night....I wonder what is going on with him. I love that he loves to sleep! However he is usually pretty awake the whole day and may take one or two power naps, 1/2 hour or so. Therefore, once more reason why it is sometimes impossible for me to accomplish anything through out the day.
Oh and one more thing I'm proud of....I made my very first cheesecake! I made a classic New York Cheesecake, and dang was it good! I sent 1/2 of it home with Clarissa (Clay absolutely loves NY Cheesecake) and it still took forever for me and Levi to eat the rest. Soooo good, but sooo rich!!


3 comments:

  1. You are doing great as a housewife/mommy if you made a new york cheesecake! And your little man is so adorable. I can't believe how fast the time goes. Doesn't it feel like we were just complaining about being prego?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite an accomplishment, that cheesecake sounds delish! Staying at home with the little ones is a pretty big adjustment and it sounds like you're plugging right along. I remember after having Addison how weird it felt to stay home all day. I had been so used to working and going to school. That's what I had always done up to that point in my life. Even though you have 9 months to prepare it seems like life just makes a complete 180 almost instantly. Good thing they're so darn cute & cuddly. =) Love the picture. It's going to be so fun for those little guys to grow up so close in age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're silly! What a pathetic life you have! JK! I know for a fact that you don't just sit around and do nothing but 'play' with baby J all day! besides, I'm sure Jayden thinks it's really important that you spend time with him. You keep your home running smoothly with housework, go grocery shopping, you learned how to knit a bag, feed jayden, change jayden,you're always on top of your laundry, you replaced your air filter, you exercise, we go for walks when the weathers nice, you do cook dinner quite often, we learned how to make peanut butter cups, you watched owen more that once, you let me come over and bug you, you let me do my laundry, you take care of yourself along with baby J, you do your calling, the list goes on and on... don't be silly! Life is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete