Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby J, Sprouts, Plates, etc.

Jayden loves to smile! He smiles all the time. He's starting to let out little squeaks of laughter that I just love!! It's hard to get a good picture of him smiling though because when he does he throws his head around like he's super excited or blushing. He smiles really big for me every morning when I got to get him out of his crib. Melts my heart.
Thankfully, he still sleeps through the night. He has set himself a pretty solid schedule. Bed time is almost always 9PM and he wakes up once at 5AM to eat, straight back to bed, then up again around 7AM-8AM to start the day. I am so happy that he loves to sleep!!

In fact here is a picture of him sleeping with Levi. Levi spends so much time with Jayden when he is home. Sometimes all I have to do is feed him and change him and Levi plays with him the rest of the time. He's his little man that he can't wait to take fishing and trucking and do all those other boy things.
Here is Baby J with his super cute cousin Owen. I just love Owen's big squishy cheeks and all his chubby rolls!! Jayden just keeps growing tall so he has no rolls....barely any wrinkles. I just love little Owen. I find it so interesting to watch the two of them. They are very similar as in they are both babies and reaching the same milestones but then they are so so different in their personalities. I can't wait for these two to get old enough to play with each other!! We've decided that Jayden is going to be impulsive and steal all of Owen's toys because Owen is going to be way to involved in thinking and trying to figure out the toy and what it does and how it works. Owen is a little thinker and sensitive where Jayden is a little mover and just happy-go-lucky.
Well in other non-baby news....a while ago I decided I wanted a plate wall. I saw some of them on other blogs and fell in love. My kitchen walls have been so random and I wanted something that had a little more of a "pulled together" look. I decided a plate wall was perfect! I went to the DI and found some awesome plates that were only $1 each. Then I went to Michaels to get the plate holders. When I informed Levi of what I wanted to do and asked him to please put them up for me.....Levi, to say the least, was not happy. He thought it was stupid idea and made our house look "grandma-y" and the plates would just fall off the wall and break and on and on and on.....
I literally had to beg him to put them on and almost got to the point where I was going to say forget it and I'll just give the plates back to the DI. Levi, however, finally came through and put the plates on my wall (even though he wasn't happy to do it). Sorry honey, but I think it turned out pretty nice. I want to get some of that vinyl lettering done and write "Sweet Lovin' from the Oven" over top of the plates. My mom had a cookie jar that said that and I have so many memories of that cookie jar.

Another thing I have fallen in love with is green drinks! I used to hate these when I was younger, but I have matured and realized they aren't so bad and so so good for you! Nursing Jayden has really made me think more about what I am eating. I'm trying to eat one of these everyday. It's full of spinach and lettuce ( I made one with broccoli the other day), frozen bananas and/or any other fruit I want, some water or fruit juice and I've started putting in protein powder. I made one last Saturday and convinced Levi to drink it. I had to bribe him and put in an entire bag of frozen strawberries...but he drank it!! I kept telling him how happy his body was and that his body was telling him thank you. :)
So delicious!!
Another healthy thing I am trying is sprouting. I have always loved alfalfa sprouts, and some would argue that these are considered the healthiest food in the world. This is my first attempt and they should be ready to eat tomorrow. I love to eat them in salads, sandwiches, or just out of the jar. I bet I can put them in my green drink too!!
Lastly, a few weeks ago I started having tooth trouble and ended up needing a root canal. (Which I got today.) Well to subside the tooth pain that I was enduring...I consumed Advil like Peanut Butter M&M's and learned to knit. I tried to knit years ago but got super frustrated with it since I was having trouble switching it "left -handed". My sister knits all the time and I would watch her and tell myself....I have got to be able to do that. Since my tooth was killing me and I needed to put all my thoughts and energy into something else so I could forget about the pain....I invested in learning how to knit. My sister came over ....and before you knew it....I was knitting. I'm obviously still a beginner but I have started knitting these panels that I will eventually whipstitch together and make a little blanket for Jayden. This is my second panel.
I've also knitted a little pink purse and a pink washcloth. I think I actually really like knitting now.
Well there is my entire life in a nutshell. Baby J and me all day. We play together, eat together, sleep together, watch movies together, workout together.....everything together. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new life. You seem so happy and such a "happy go-lucky" Mother. Congrats girl! You are doing so well and i'm lovin all this creativity! Go you!

    ReplyDelete