Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me



Yesterday was my birthday. Yea. I'm now 26 years old. Doesn't really feel any different than 25.
Birthdays just aren't the same for me anymore. It's just another day. Nothing to really be excited about. Oh well. It's an excuse to eat more cake and ice cream than I probably should.
We actually celebrated my birthday over the weekend with family for Levi's sake....but yesterday Levi did have these beautiful pink roses sent to me!! Levi knows I'm a sucker for roses and making them pink was a very very good idea. My whole living room smells like roses now.
In other "growing" news...Jayden is now 5 months old. He still seems like my little 2 month old baby though. I guess it's because I don't realize how much he is really growing. I haven't weighed him since he was 2 months...but I'm guessing he's around the 10-12 lb range. Clarissa's little guy Owen is about 15-16 lbs and Jayden is definitely lighter than him! He's still an awesome sleeper, except he changed his bedtime from 9AM to 11AM. However, he doesn't wake up until 6-7AM which is really nice. Then he always goes back to bed until 9-10AM. He's also getting alot more active and curious about everything around him. Always trying to put everything in his mouth. I found out the kids in Levi's sunday school class call him "GloWorm" because he is so small and has such white/fair skin. Oh my goodness....I just love my little guy.
Anyways, other things I have been up to.....
I made this temple picture with my Mom at a Relief Society activity she had. I've always wanted a vintage Ogden Temple picture but I wasn't about to pay some $300 or whatever for one. When I got the chance to make one for just over $50 I was super excited. Levi really likes it to. It really wasn't that hard....just a little bit of painting and assembling and your done.



I also finally finished making a bumper set for Jayden. I have an old sewing maching at my house but I've never figured out how to use it...so I've been going down to my Mom's house to work on sewing this. However, trying to sew and keep on eye on Jayden isn't always easy. My mom would try and watch him, but more often than not Clarissa would have dropped off little Owen so she could teach dance or my brother would drop of little Catherine for whatever reason. I finally went down one morning when I knew nobody would be at my parents home and finished this thing. Thankfully Jayden was just fine sitting there watching me.
My next crafty attempt is I'm going to make him a matching mobile to hang over his crib. I have it all figured out in my head...I just need to head down to Michael's and get the stuff.




Well I don't know if it is just me ....but blogger has been acting weird the whole time I've been typing this up....so I'm going to hurry and post it before I lose it all.
(I've actually tried to do a couple of posts in the last few weeks...but blogger wouldn't let me do it...very very frustrating!)

1 comment:

  1. You seem like you're havin fun bein mom! Enjoy it. Oh and happy belated birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete