Thursday, July 21, 2011

Goober.
My little Goober.
When I was still pregnant with Jayden, he was called Baby J. Very seldom did I or anyone call him Jayden. When he was born, he was called Baby J for little bit, but out of somewhere I started calling him Goober. Now everyone calls him Goober. He's Goober, or Gooby, or Gooby-Tooby...whatever rolls off my tongue really. I honestly rarely call him Jayden.
This month, my little Gooby, turned 6 months. I can't believe he is 6 months. I looked back at the pictures we took in the hospital and pictures we took the weeks after he was born and I can't believe how much he has grown and how much time has passed.
I'm still new to being a mom but I feel over the last 6 months I have learned some valuable lessons. The best thing I have learned, however, is to listen to my "Mommy Instinct". I have been given much advice and I have listened to many mothers talk about their experiences with child-rearing...but I truly believe that only I know my child best and therefore I know what's best for my child. After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that as long as I do my very best to care for my son and pray for as much guidance as possible that God is not going to let me mess up. My son will be just fine.
For the sake of the Baby Book, when Jayden turned 6 months I weighed and measured him. He came in at 26 inches long and about 13 lbs. I have no idea where he comes in with the whole "precentile" measurements, and honestly I don't care. I know my little guy is healthy mentally, physically, and emotionally.
For my amusement, and for Goober's when he gets older, I made a list of 25 things I have observed or learned about him in the last 6 months. Some are common and maybe others aren't.
1. He loves attention!! He doesn't like being alone or just by himself.
2. If you've got ..... he wants it.
3. He is a very VISUAL child. He cares about what he sees not what he hears.
4. He is very active. He won't sit still for long.
5. Really enjoys being bounced and tossed around.
6. Has always been a pretty good sleeper.
7. He loves nursing. I tried to start him on some fruit and it just didn't feel right, therefore he is still 100% nursed.
8. He loves his binkie, but he loves his hand even more. He is is always trying to put his whole fist in his mouth.
9. He first rolled over at 2 months and continued so until about 5 months. Now, though, he has no desire to move. He wants YOU to move him.
10. He started having tantrums at 3 months and he has never stopped.
11. Being very visual, he is constantly reaching his hands out for anything and everything that is out there.
12. He has only outgrown his clothes because he got too long. He fits really good in his 0-3 month clothes and even some newborn clothes. 6 months clothes have a great length to them, but honestly just look ridiculous on him.
13. He's gonna be a blue-eyed blonde!
14. He really enjoys going on walks and being outside.
15. I only have to change a messy diaper about every 10 days. Mostly I change diapers that are like giant water balloons!
16. He still loves to be swaddled. He is swaddled everynight before bed.
17. Hardly ever falls asleep in the car.
18. Still fits comfortably in size 1 diaper which is awesome because I get more diapers for my money!!
19. His laugh sounds like a baby pterodactyl! He also breathes really heavy when he gets excited.
20. We play a game of making "face-expression" to each other. He just laughs and laughs.
21. He always gives his daddy a big smile when he comes back from work.
22. He still looks a lot like Levi, but I think we are finally noticing a few things he may have picked up from me.
23. He will smile at anyone who gives him attention.
24. As far as I can tell he has no teeth coming in yet and I am totally okay with that!
25. He has never been a big eater. He can go several hours, therefore sometimes I just decide he needs to eat and start nursing him. Like a good boy he has never refused!
Now to "top-off" my blog her are a few pictures I took of my little guy over the last few weeks. They came off my phone, so obviously not the best picture quality.
Here is little Goober in a newborn outfit that I love. It fit him fine except that his arms and legs are much too long for it! Therefore, we have retired it. :(
Here is him staring at the camera. Probably trying to figure out how he can get it in his mouth.
We've been practicing sitting. He's pretty good...that is until he falls over and cries for you to pick him up.
Over the past few weeks he has really loved to grab his toes. I'm not sure he understands that those toes are his, but all the same he grabs for them!
Here he is, trying to sit, but it didn't work. Oh well. That silly toy is a Baby Einstein toy so I guess somehow eating it will make him smarter. :)
Here he is doing what he does best, trying to eat his whole hand. Sometimes he tries so hard he ends up choking and gagging himself. Silly Goober!

1 comment: