Thursday, May 23, 2013

No-Bake Energy Bites



These are so simple and so yummy! A good snack to hold you over or just satisfy a craving.
I found this recipe online so long ago that I honestly have no one to credit for this. However, I did modify and change a few ingredients so I guess it's safe to say this is my own recipe. 

Ingredients:
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup each, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chocolate or carob chips
1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
1/3 cup agave or honey
1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

In a bowl, combine the oats, seeds, chocolate chips, and flaxseeds. (When I just made these I only had pumpkin and sunflower seeds, so I just used a 1/2 cup each.) 
In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and honey together. Mix in vanilla. 
Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients. Mix until everything is thoroughly coated. Chill in refrigerator for 30 mins. Roll into bit-size balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will keep for up to 2 weeks.


Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment